Wednesday, October 17, 2007

a poem

I just finished reading a post by Lucilocket over at Lucy Volume II where she says that eating a donut helped out of a bad mood. It reminded me of this poem I wrote years ago.

Donuts Give Me Solace

Donuts give me solace.
I'm embarrassed to make the claim,
But donuts give me solace
Just the same.

When life has my nerves frayed
And they're in need of balm
The sugar and carbohydrates
keep me calm.

A doctor could give me Prozac
whenever I feel crazed.
Instead let's have some donuts,
and make mine glazed!

What happens, I know your thinking,
When my blood sugar begins to drop?
I just have another donut
With chocolate on top.

3 comments:

lucylocket said...

I love it!

Government Funded Blogger said...

I like that poem. At one time in my life I was a donut maker for a national chain.

Jimmy said...

Your words have moved me deep within my soul. Krispy Kreme, here I come.