Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cities We Drove Through

Amarillo by mornin'
Up from San Antone
Everything that I've got
Is just what I've got on.
When that sun is high
In the Texas sky
I'll be bucking at the county fair
Amarillo by mornin'
Amarillo I'll be there     (George Strait)

-------------

Standin' on the corner in Winslow, Arizona 
It's such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord
In a flatbed Ford
Slowin' down to take a look at me.    (Eagles)

-------------

You don't know me
but you don't like me.
You say you care less how I feel.
How many of you who sit and judge me
ever walked the streets of Bakersfield         (Dwight Yoakam)

------------

Just about a year ago
I set out on the road
Seekin' my fame and fortune
Lookin for a pot of gold
Things got bad things got worse
And I guess you know the tune.
Oh Lord, stuck in Lodi again.     (Creedence Clearwater Revival)



No comments: