Wednesday, October 03, 2007

memories

I'm back at the remodeling thing again. Before I could start on the new room I had to rent a storage space to store all the stuff that has accumulated in that space for the last few years. I've taken four pick-up truck loads and now I can start pulling down drywall and ripping up the floor. While going through the stuff to haul away (we had three piles, one went to storage, one to a yard sale, and the third pile gets burned) I came across some old record albums. Remember the 33-1/3 rpm records? I played a few and was saddened to think how many years have rolled by since we first listened to those songs. Dorothy and I have had some of them since we were teenagers. We have the Beatles first album, Chuck Berry's greatest hits, and The Righteous Brothers. Our hormone driven teen love was intensified by listening to Johnny Mathis and Elvis. Just looking at the album covers brought back images of the years we've been together. The Beatles album reminded me of the times Dorothy and I would go to the record store to buy the latest hit. The Ventures albums brought back my efforts to learn the guitar and become a rock-n-roll lead guitarist. Memories of my time in MP School at Ft. Gordon Georgia were evoked by the Lovin' Spoonful. Album by album I visited the scenes from my life over the last 50 years. (sigh)

1 comment:

Lorna said...

Music is such a strong stimulant to the memory. And thank goodness for that, I say.