I followed the recipe in a cookbook and it didn't make enough pie crust dough. So, I made some more and patched the crust here and there. It didn't turn out very pretty, so I hope it tastes good to compensate for the poor aesthetics.
I was just thinking. The first pie in 34 years. Now that I'm retired, I need to be a little more adventurous and try new things, expand my mind and my horizons and all that. Let's see, what have I done in the last 16 months?
- volunteered helping the Katrina victims.
- painted a couple of pictures
- worked for awhile as a volunteer firefighter
- I'm teaching an ESL class
- started cooking
- started an online book selling business
- Yesterday I started a new poem. The first verse goes like this:
I tell the grand kids stories and
As their eyes begin to shine,
They see inside their heads the
Adventures of this tale of mine........
I'll share the rest of if when it comes to me.
There are many more projects that Dorothy has in store for me but they're to numerous to mention here. I'll feature them here as they are completed.