Wednesday, January 02, 2008

i should have stayed in bed


We woke up to 15 degrees this morning and it never got above freezing all day. I should have stayed in bed, or at least on the couch reading a book and drinking coffee. I went to Lowe's to get more material for the project. I went for 6/3 with ground eletrical cable and also some 12/2 with ground. I came home with 6/3 without ground and 12/3 with ground. I just wasn't paying attention. For the uninitiated the six stands for the size of the wire and the three means it has a black insulated wire, a red insulated wire, and a white insulated wire. I needed an additional bare ground wire. All four wires are bound together in plastic insulation. The 12/2 with ground has a black wire, a white one, and a bare ground wire. The 6/3 is for 240 volts and will be used to conduct power to Dorothy's new electric oven. The 12/2 is for 120 volts and will be used for ordinary outlet circuits. I may have to take a day or two off to think about this. You can't plan too much. I'll drink coffee and stare at the project until my head clears.

1 comment:

Lorna said...

Hope you had a good Christmas and alll the best for the new year.