Saturday, July 05, 2008

4th of July

Yesterday we had the family over for dinner and fireworks. We were missing a few people. Rachel is in St. Thomas, Bill was sick, Sam was in Branson, Tara had to work. So our gathering wasn't as big as usual. But, we did enjoy a barbecued brisket, roasted potatoes, baked beans, cheese biscuit and a spinach/strawberry/ pecan salad. I made some Chocolate Tea ice cream to go on the strawberry cake, and we even had some ice cold watermelon. I don't think anyone went away hungry.

Marley and her cousin, Rachel, play with a smoke bomb while Jenna seems distracted.


Jenna and Hunter dance for joy in anticipation of the fireworks.

4 comments:

dawn said...

Chocolate tea ice cream? interesting flavor combination...

Lorna said...

Your menu always seems so intriguing. I love that spinach/strawberry/pecan salad, but I think it's better with blackberries.

ml said...

HMMMMM. Choc. tea ice cream. Goes with strawberry cake. As I said, Hmmmm!

Envoy-ette said...

I've got to try that icecream!