Thursday, January 28, 2010

here we go again

Earlier this week I noticed the green tips of daffodils and tulips poking up out of the ground. I took heart at that because it's a sign that Spring is just around the corner. But, now we have a major winter storm bearing down on us. This will be a repeat of last year's ice storm, although, not as severe. I went shopping this morning for batteries and candles. I couldn't find any lamp oil, but I think we'll be OK. The kerosene heater is full of fuel and I have enough to last several days. I'm hoping we don't have any power outages. I just went up to the mail box and there is ice forming on our chain link fence. I called Dorothy and she's punching out and coming home at 2:00. So, I guess we'll spend the weekend watching old movies and eating comfort food.

No comments: