Saturday, February 12, 2005

life on fast forward

Dennis, a fellow letter carrier, told me about an article he read on the web explaining why time seems to pass faster as we age than when we were young. The article states that when we're older we are learning less and having fewer new life experiences and this causes time to seem to be passing quicker.
So when I retire, to keep my remaining life from fast forwarding like a video tape, I'll have to keep learning and having new experiences? It's too late to join the Army and become an Airborne Ranger, and besides I wouldn't want to embarrass those younger guys who couldn't keep up with me. I don't think I have the time to go back to school and pursue brain surgery or rocket science, besides, with my short term memory I would probably leave some medical hardware in someone's brain or in the case of rocket science, the space probe to Uranus would probably find an anatomically correct target but be geographically off the mark.
I guess I'll grow a garden and sell tomatoes by the side of the road. Marley Kate and Hunter can help. Tara and Sam use to like to do that with me. And then there's travel. I've yet to see the world's largest ball of twine, or the Petrified Forest. The readers of this blog will be looking forward to those photos, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Wally, I am taking notes from this post. Also, I am lookimg forward to your traveling too. I can't wait to see you and Dorothy. I am sure we will find something that is a must see for you.

Unknown said...

Sandie
We'll see the Petrified Forest on the way to California. Is the world's largest ball of twine near where you live?