Sunday, February 26, 2006

afternoon interrupted


We were sitting around visiting this afternoon, stuffed with a wonderful meal and cake and ice cream when a fire call came over the radio. Off I went. I went to the fire station and drove off with one of our tankers. Someone had set something on fire on the highway and it quickly spread up a hill and caught the woods on fire. The Forestry Service responded quickly with bull dozers and within two hours we had the fire knocked down. We had a total of 6 fire tankers helping. After I arrived on the scene I was put to work directing traffic and with the use of a radio my partner and I kept traffic safely moving through a narrow defile clogged with all manner of fire fighting equipment.
This is a photo of the truck I drove to the fire.

No comments: