Wednesday, March 29, 2006

misc

I've been up since 4:15am. I've been working on uploading information to the data base for our fire department. I get things on my mind and then wake up in the middle of the night thinking about stuff. I need to get over that. I'm retired. This is a volunteer position. There's no reason to lose sleep. I'll keep telling myself that and see if it works.

I had an ultrasound yesterday to check out my pancreas and gall bladder. I'll have the results in a few days. It went better than I imagined. I hate doctor appointments because I always imagine the worst case scenario. I envisioned myself on the examination table in one of those backless gowns in total humiliation as nurses giggled and peeked under my robe. In reality, I was fully clothed and the procedure was not the least unpleasant, and lasted less than twenty minutes.

Dorothy was summoned to jury duty. So far she hasn't had to sit on a trial, but simply calls in every afternoon.

No comments: