Thursday, October 12, 2006

i wonder about hunter

I wonder about my grandson Hunter. I wonder what life will be like for him when he's a grown man. Why? Because he's a swashbuckler at age three. He's the Erroll Flynn of the pre-school set. He wakes up each morning with a smile on his face and careens through the day from one adventure to the next bumping his head, scraping his knee, and enduring various and sundry accidents and mishaps without even slowing down. The fear that keeps the rest of us mortals from engaging in high risk behavior doesn't seem to register in his mind. A fall from the monkey bars which drove a front tooth back into his gums didn't discourage him; he thinks it makes him look like a rock star. When he receives a bump on the noggin or some other injury he soaks up all the attention and sympathy he can get from his mom, but then he's soon back at it. After a few trial runs down the hall in his Halloween Superman costume he made his parents return it to the store because it wouldn't fly. He thinks he's a super hero, and he may be right. With the help and prayers of his parents, sisters, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins (It will take all of us) he'll survive childhood and adolescence. Be watching for him. He'll be tomorrow's Nascar driver, jet pilot, or astronaut.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He recently cut his ear when he slid into a bench. I took him to the doctor. Instead of stitches they used super glue to close the wound. Afterwards he told his friend Mia that he had cut his ear off and the doctor glued it back on!

lucylocket said...

It's amazing that kids survive! When the training wheels come off his bike, he will start building ramps to jump. Then he will discover skateboards. You might even be asked to build a half pipe, whatever that is. It's just beginning so be prepared!

BTW, Samatha is beautiful, and your daughter looks far too young to have a daughter in high school.

Maya's Granny said...

I have a brother who was like that. How he ever lived to grow up I have no idea. He had more stitches on his head! When he was four,I watched him dive head first from a coffe table onto a Spanish tile floor.

Envoy-ette said...

His is the generation of HERO'S. Looks like he'll make it!

momwithbrownies said...

This is a story I can relate to.
I'm raising 5 boys and sometimes wonder what they are thinking! The two who worry me most recently are our 2 year old twins. Between the two of them they've one broken finger, an elbow popped out of socket, climbed atop the window-sill in their room to fall onto their wooden bedframe and unlocked to front door (2 locks) to waltz outside in the mid afternoon as I went downstairs to pop clothes into the dryer! I've ages 14, 9, 6, 2 and 2. I pray I can raise them to fulfill their God given destiny. Maybe God knows something I don't! LOL