Saturday, May 12, 2007

a saturday afternoon at grandma's and grandpa's house

Our cat had kittens and hid them just under the tin roof of our shed. We put up a step ladder and with the use of a flashlight we could see them having dinner. Marley wanted me to get one for her. As a grandpa I possess a lot of technical knowledge about animals and their behavior that I share with the grand kids. I informed her that to reach in while they were nursing would not be advisable. The momma kitty might shred my arm with her claws in defense of a perceived threat to her kittens. Maybe after they quit suckling we could put on some leather gloves and safely extricate the kittens. Well, grandmas don't have the technical knowledge about animals so Dorothy went up the ladder and pulled one of the kittens out for the kids to play with. Hmmmm.




1 comment:

Lorna said...

I'd be the Dorothy too---I have an amazing imagination but don't use it to keep myself from harm.