Wednesday, July 04, 2007

cucumbers gone wild

The night before last I picked 23 cucumbers from the garden. Last night I picked 23 more. That's from a row that's only 10 ft. long. All this rain and the fertilizer I used at the beginning of the season has sure produced a bumper crop of everything we've grown. I'm giving it away to family and friends. I wish my blog readers lived close enough to drop by for a bag full of groceries.

This morning Dorothy made sausage and cheese omelets and I made a pico de gallo from the tomatoes, peppers, and onions I had just harvested. We spooned the salsa over the omelets and I thought there was nothing better we could eat until this evening. We grilled some Porterhouse steaks and had corn on the cob, green beans, fried okra, squash, and fresh cucumbers and tomatoes. I'm stuffed.

It's been a week since I last posted. Time is getting away from me. Maybe over the next few days I'll catch you up on everything I've been doing. Right now I'm so full from eating, I think I'll just lay down on the couch.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I wish I lived closer too - a nice tomato and cucumber salad would taste really good right about now.