Wednesday, August 29, 2007

quote of the day

I have concluded that the accumulation of wealth, even if I could achieve it, is an insufficient reason for living. When I reach the end of my days, a moment or two from now, I must look backward on something more meaningful than the pursuit of houses and land and machines and stocks and bonds. Nor is fame of any lasting benefit, I will consider my earthy existence to have been wasted unless I can recall a loving family, a consistent investment in the lives of people, and an earnest attempt to serve the God who made me. Nothing else makes sense.
--Dr. James C. Dobson, president of Focus on the Family

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

Would that more USAmericans could live this way.

Envoy-ette said...

This is very true. When I had a breast cancer scare, what gave me comfort was that I had been an obedient daughter, a faithful wife and a happy, loving mother. Nothing else mattered except those 3 things..the eternal things. I had even made peace with DEATH, because dying isn't the worst thing that can happen to you...going to HELL is.