Sunday, September 09, 2007

i'm not a tree hugger, but......

......there's too much paper in my life. When I come from the mailbox most of the paper goes right into the trash, unopened. If there's some advertising with the word 'sale' on it, I've learned to save it for Dorothy to peruse for all those opportunities to save money by buying something. I subscribe to several magazines and they grow into piles until I finally throw them all away. The packaging on most of the stuff we bring home from the store bulges in our plastic trash bags on Monday morning. Our dining room table accumulates paper that has to be sorted, with some of it being filed away and the rest thrown away. It's a never ending battle. Several rivers of paper and paper products converge on our table, and the flow must be kept unimpeded. When I was delivering mail, a few customers over the years had newspapers and magazines stacked around their house with narrow pathways winding throughout the house, so I have to keep the paper moving toward the county dump, to avoid our house being inundated with trash.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Every week I have a full bag of paper to go to the local recycling bin - it is ridiculous.

Lorna said...

Wally, somehow I've been skipping you on my blogroll---and I've missed hearing about the cobblers and grandchildren and your generally pleasant life. Maybe I'll do some editing to make your link stand out more....