Friday, January 30, 2009

cold

This turned out to be the worst ice storm ever. We've lived in Oklahoma for 29 years and I've never seen anything like it. I thought we might lose power for a day or two, but the power company says be prepared for weeks of no power. Crews are on their way from other states to assist. So far we're making do with a kerosene heater and the burners on the stove top. We took our meat and other perishables to my Kelly's house and Dorothy's brothers house to keep in their freezers. We've been keeping some things on the front porch since it's been colder there than in our freezer. I'm keeping a daily journal so I'll describe this adventure in some detail when I can. My camera isn't working so I'm depending on pictures taken with Kelly's camera for illustrations. I typing this post on a computer at the public library in Stilwell, OK. about 15 miles from home. I'll get back to you when I can.

2 comments:

dawn said...

Stay warm Wally.

Lorna said...

I hope the worst is over.