Saturday, December 01, 2007

  • I went to the store today for Dorothy. As I was walking between two cars, I heard a click and then something hit me in the back of the head. I looked around as one of the cars back out and drove away. There was a man sitting in his car who looked puzzled. I told him I had just been hit in the head with something. He told me a little boy in the car that drove away had been playing with a toy pistol. That little twerp was a pretty good shot. I hope his mother took the toy away from him. Little kids don't need to be shooting people with toy guns. It just gets them used to shooting them with real ones.
  • Our ESL lesson this week was about ordering food in a restaurant. I asked my students if they are comfortable ordering from a menu. One student said she just asks the waiter if he can speak Spanish and if he says no she orders from the buffet.
  • I've been so busy on the remodeling and my piano lessons I haven't had the time to post to this blog. I'll have some photos of the progress posted here soon, and maybe I'll upload an audio file of a song I've mastered, that is if I ever master one.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Did you try to get the license plate number? I think I would've reported that! sheesh

Lorna said...

I'm with you on the toy gun thing.

Envoy-ette said...

You know I'm all for the freedom to bear arms, but if I were the mother of that kid who shot you in the back of the head, that toy pistol would be tossed out the car window onto a field somewhere.