Thursday, March 06, 2008

3:10 to yuma

We watched the 2007 version of 3:10 to Yuma last night. Since it was a remake, first we watched the 1957 black and white version starring Glenn Ford and Van Heflin. The new movie is action packed and visually interesting, but I prefer the old version. The cinematography was just as spectacular in high contrast black and white as it was in color and the walk from the hotel to the train station was intense with suspense compared to the blood and guts in-your-face violence portrayed in the new film. The old film ended with good triumphing over evil but you can't really say that of the new version.

1 comment:

lucylocket said...

What a coincidence! We watched it yesterday morning. I agree with you; I liked the old one better. I was disappointed a bit with the scene in the hotel room in the new version. I thought that was the most powerful scene in the old movie. I liked the old ending better, too.