Thursday, March 27, 2008

I took this tiller apart and found that the tine gears and bushings are worn. It's 15 years old and I thought the old machine would go on forever. It'll cost more money than I want to spend to fix, so I guess there will be no garden this year. Oh, I'll put out some tomato and pepper plants but I'm afraid gardening on the scale that I'm used to is out of the question. It happened at just the right time. I found out from my doctor this morning that I have another bad disc. My back has been bothering me for some time now, in fact, it's so uncomfortabe to sit at the computer that I've been neglecting the blog. So, I'll have to be careful while lifting heavy stuff like bags of fertilizer, remodeling materials, and grand kids.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

No gigantic garden?!? Whatever will you do with your free time. Hopefully you'll be able to come up with a solution for your back that does not mean surgery.

Lorna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your back. If I had known what my back was going to do to me over the years, I would have had gelpacks fused to it when I was in my teens. Take care of yourself

Envoy-ette said...

Ouch! Back pain affects everything...doesn't it! Well, maybe the grandkids can hop up on your lap when you are sitting.