Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sami asked her grandma to make a cake for a friend's baby shower. The friend had made a sketch showing all the elements she wanted. Dorothy enlisted my help to do the art work and this is the result:

I cut out a cloud shaped paper stencil and held it to the side of the cake while Dorothy sprayed the sky blue. When the stencil was taken away, voila! Clouds. I used my pasta machine to roll out several colors of fondant icing then cut the shapes of the boat, sails, locomotive, etc. with a pizza cutter, then pressed them into the icing. Marley, Hunter, and Jenna helped by taking turns at the pasta machine crank. They also grabbed any scraps of fondant to do their own sculptures.

3 comments:

dawn said...

Great detail work. I love the airplane flying "out" at you. Perhaps you have discovered your post retirement career?

Lorna said...

Holy Mack!!

Rain Trueax said...

lovely cake and clever ideas