Friday, June 22, 2012

Food

There is a restaurant in Asheville we've always enjoyed. I got on their website to show the grandkids the menu. There were no biscuits listed. Sausage gravy? Forget about it. Not even their fabulous french toast with amaretto whipped cream.  The fare consisted of things like goat cheese omelettes and soy sausage.  They've gone hippie on us!  But last night we ate at the Moose Cafe. Now we're talking!  Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, pinto beans served with chow chow and chopped onions, biscuits and corn bread too. Ice tea served in Mason jars.   We are eating our way across the heartland.

1 comment:

Steven said...

Ah! Asheville! One of my favorite towns. There's a university nearby, a great art community, beautiful scenery and the incredible Blue Ridge Parkway. I guess I better put the Moose Cafe on my list of places to see whenever I get a chance to visit Asheville again.