Saturday, January 01, 2005

the beginning

Well, Dorothy and I made it all the way to 11:30 last night. Marley and Hunter (5yrs and 2yrs) came over and they rode their 4wheelers until dark, then we watched SpongeBob Squarepants all evening. That's about as exciting as New Years Eve gets for us.
Besides not eating hot dogs any longer (see post below) I haven't any resolutions. I think I'll try to meditate more, seek to keep healthy by eating better (and less), and in general get ready for retirement.
As I look back over 2004, I'm amazed at how fast it disappeared. I'd like to slow the clock when I retire so I can savor the people in my life, enjoy the grand kids, and just luxuriate in the leisure. I have a great sense of gratitude for my life; for the privilege of being married to Dorothy, who still loves me after all these years, the pride of having two beautiful and intelligent daughters, and those wonderful grand children of mine. I am truly a lucky man.
Of all the lessons I've learned in the last year two stand out: 1. If there is anyone you should treat with kindness and respect, it is your life partner. Take care of them. 2. People (especially children) are not lumps of clay to be prodded and molded. They are flowers that, with the proper care, will bloom. So just stand back and watch them grow and become who they are. Just be ready to help when needed.
I hope all of you will find what you're looking for this year. Remember, God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

No comments: