Wednesday, April 06, 2005

storm

Last night we got the first big spring thunderstorm of the year. I was in Siloam Springs teaching my ESL class when it hit. On the way home I drove through blinding rain. I couldn't see the center line it was coming down so hard, but I guess those semi truck drivers could see pretty well because they tail gated me until they could find a place to pass. Am I the only one who keeps their sanity while driving in storms? Has no one ever heard of hydroplaning? I pulled over several times to let trucks and cars pass. I expected to see them in a ditch further up the road, but they seem to have made it fine. Then it rained all day today while I delivered the mail. I came home cold and soaked to the skin. There are times when I question the wisdom of retiring in 127 days, but today was not one of those days.

No comments: