Saturday, August 20, 2005

1st week review

It's been a week since I retired and I thought it would be a good idea to look back and mull over the events of the week. First, it's been wonderful. The freedom to sleep in (this morning I slept 'til 6:15), the time to work on my projects at leisure, the opportunity to lay in the hammock and watch the clouds go by. These things are priceless to a person who has worked at a job, for the most part, six days a week for the last 21 years.

I worked on the dishwasher, but wasn't able to solve the problem. I installed a new motion sensitive flood light on the front of the house. Took the grandkids to the creek. Installed a new printer/scanner/fax on my computer. Mowed the lawn. And even had time to catch up on my reading and watching old movies on TV.

This morning, Dorothy and I are leaving for Little Rock to attend the 40th anniversary party of Carl and Carol Keys, our son-in-law's parents. We'll spend the night in Hot Springs and visit some old friends from high school the next day. So this is my last post until Sunday night or Monday morning.

I love this retired life.

No comments: