Tuesday, August 16, 2005

a new routine

Actually it's a lack of routine. Yesterday, my first Monday of retirement, I got up at 5:00am, spent some time in meditation and when Dorothy got up I was paying bills. I walked around the pasture with a pedometer to see if it would be a good daily walk. It was .6 mile. That's really not long enough, and I don't want to go round and round looking at the same trees each time, so I'll be looking for a good place to walk. After walking 9 miles a day for years and years, I can't stop now.

Before lunch I repaired the dishwasher and that was enough manual labor for the day. After lunch we watched a movie and took a nap. In the evening we went to Tahlequah and ate at Chalinga's restaurant. It was their first anniversary of being in business and the meals were half price, plus they had a Mariachi band. Then we visited a friend, a fellow letter carrier, who is under hospice care at a nursing home. He doesn't have much time left and we want to be with him as often as possible.

So that was a pretty good start to retirement. This morning I actually slept in until 6:00am. Dorothy and I went to Siloam Springs and picked up the two younger grand kids and brought them home. They will be spending the night.

No comments: