Monday, May 22, 2006

last doctor appointment

Today I was released by the doctor. Although I'm still sore and have trouble doing certain things, I was told that I can start doing whatever I want (with caution) and I'll gradually get back to normal. Certain things I don't want to give up though. Like lounging around in my pajamas. In fact, I would like to start wearing them to church. Dorothy vetoed that idea. I hate to give up the TLC I recieved from Dorothy for the last five weeks but she's already weaning me away from it. She actually expects me to accomplish a few things in the way of housekeeping while she's at work. I started a list. There's two things on it. Number one is dusting and as soon as I find the feather duster I'll get started on it. Then there's mopping. She said I could wait on that one since it might strain my stomach muscles.

I watered the garden today. I also washed some pots and pans from Kelly's birthday party. I don't want to do too much though. Easy does it.

2 comments:

Lorna said...

It's good news that you're getting better, but I know what you mean about loving pyjamas. I bought myself a soft and light as a feather housecoat and I have to steel myself to take it off. Once I get that far, it's easy to get dressed though.

Anonymous said...

"Like lounging around in my pajamas. In fact, I would like to start wearing them to church."

It's flannel granny gowns with me. I'd wear them everywhere if I could.