Monday, May 29, 2006

memorial day grilling

Dorothy's grilling a brisket today. Here's how she does hers. Last night she let it soak in a marinade consisting of red wind vinegar, pineapple juice, molasses, brown sugar, hot sauce, and red pepper. This morning we seared both sides then wrapped in in foil, poured in the marinade and now it will cook for three hours on the grill. Our bbq has a drip pan above the flame and we keep that filled with water to avoid burning the meat.
The brisket is properly seared and ready to be placed in a foil pouch with the marinade.

In goes the same marinade that it soaked in overnight
She seals the marinade and brisket into a foil pouch.

Now we let it cook for about 3 hrs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!! I can't wait! Kelly

Lorna said...

That does look good! And it will be tender enough for someone who's just had a tooth doing tricks.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I just realized how hungry I am. Haven't eaten since breakfast. It is very overcast up here in the mountains above Pt. Angeles and I'd never know this was a holiday. I am going to watch little Zach (7 weeks) while his mom and dad go out for sushi, but there are lots of leftovers I'll heat up.

Dawn said...

Finally, a recipe for brisket I can do! Since Dorothy makes it, I know it should be yummy.