Thursday, June 28, 2007

wasabi

The other day I was in Tahlequah around noon so I called Dorothy to see if she wanted to eat lunch with me. We went to the East Buffet for Chinese food. They serve California rolls there and I love to eat them with wasabi, don't you? I always dip a forkfull of the roll into the wasabi and get small tentative amounts and then gradually increase the potent green condiment building toward my wasabi threshold. Wasabi threshold? Yeah, that's the line that when crossed results in a sinus blowout. Too much wasabi at one time gives me the sensation that the top of my head just blew off and a roto-rooter flashed through my nasal passages. It takes a moment to recover and then I start moving toward that threshold again. Why do I do that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wally, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. I love the process you go through right up to blast off, then you go again.
Sandie