Saturday, June 16, 2007

garden


Last night I cooked green beans and new potatoes fresh from the garden. We also had a fresh cucumber. The day before I made some cole slaw from a head of cabbage I harvested. This morning I told Dorothy that gardening is like having a baby. Now, I know what my female readers are thinking (just like Dorothy), how can a man possibly know what childbirth is like? Well, here's my explanation: Every spring I forget about all the pain, sweat, and hard work that gardening requires, and I can't wait to get to the earth and start digging. But, now that June has arrived and with it rising temperatures and humidity and wildly growing weeds, I think why did I start this again? See what I mean?

2 comments:

Lorna said...

that's how I feel about gardening all the time, even thoughI love fresh products.

Envoy-ette said...

What an impressive garden! You're a great daddy to it!