Friday, May 15, 2009

someone's been sitting in my chair and they've broken it all to pieces

Someone who needs to eat a little less and exercise a little more has been sitting in my recliner. It broke down. A wooden brace at the front of the chair frame gave way causing the chair to slump. It looked sad and forlorn.
Last night, Dorothy and I flipped the chair over and, working together, reattached the brace to the frame with 6 penny nails. I held the frame in place while she hammered. Then we reinforced the joints with metal "L" brackets. A pry bar was necessary to stretch the springs back into their brackets. We had unfastened them to make it easier to maneuver the brace. The chair is as good as new. We're a team!

Today, I'm starting to eat a little less and exercise a little more.

1 comment:

lucylocket said...

You and Jenna (her mom's post today) had me laughing out loud!