Monday, May 04, 2009

more hostas

There was so much interest in the hosta post below I decided to share more of my hosta garden



This is the hosta "Big Daddy". Notice the blue color and the "seersucker" effect on the leaves. I bought this just three days ago at a local nursery.


This is "Color Glory". I planted it as a bare root just a few weeks ago along with the "White Feather" below.



This is the "Gold Standard". The other hostas have been mulched with red oak chips I got free from the city of Fayetteville. (a pick up truck load) But, I like the contrast I got with the dark pine bark mulch you see here.


This is the "Guacamole". Most hostas have one color on the leaf bordered by a darker or lighter color on the edge. This one has a darker green streaking across a lighter shade. I like to have the younger ones planted next to a rock or something like this half buried shard of a clay pot.


This is a very young plant. It will have a curly leaf and this is the pale, creamy green color it will be. It's called "White Feather"

2 comments:

dawn said...

I never knew there was so much variety...the color glory is very fetching too.

ml said...

This White Feather is unique. I think I'll have to break down and go to the nursery, which I haven't allowed myself to do for about two years, ever since I started reducing my gardens (to accommodate age). But this I might make an exception for. Thanks for showing (or maybe I shouldn't enourage).