Friday, June 19, 2009

dorothy on the mend

Yesterday, Dorothy and I were on the road by 4:15am, heading for Tulsa. She fell at Christmas time and hurt her shoulder and it just wouldn't heal so we were headed to Southcrest Hospital for a procedure to repair a tear to her rotator cuff. I think the doctor used a dry wall screw and a piece of string to fix it. We were home by two and she's been resting and taking her medicine. Her recovery is going to involve physical activity to keep her arm moving (passively). I told her instead of me waiting on her she should be bringing me my ice tea, as part of her physical therapy, of course.

2 comments:

lucylocket said...

I'm sorry to hear that Dorothy has had a problem, and I hope she heals quickly. I would love to know how she responded to your suggestion for her physical therapy.

dawn said...

Since I am just now recovering from a shoulder injury, I truly feel Dorothy's pain. I would not recommend bringing you the tea, since if she is anything like me, she'll lose strength in that shoulder at the oddest times and drop the drink in your lap.