Saturday, June 27, 2009

haircut

I went to the barber shop for the first time in years. Dorothy always cuts my hair, but since she has her arm in a sling I went to town for a hair cut. I was disappointed because it just wasn't like when I was younger. The best part of being shorn by a barber was when he applied hot lather to my neck and shaved it with a straight razor, then splashed on that good smelling lotion. You could always tell when someone had been to the barber shop by the fragrance of the after shave lotion all barbers used. But this time, no lather, no razor, no good smellng stuff. So, when Dorothy recovers she'll still be my hair cutter. After all, she smells terrific, and while she's cutting my hair she often bumps into me, and I like that.

2 comments:

Bob Slay said...

Hey unkle monte. We always do a straight razor shave with hot lather and a splash of smelly good stuff at my shop!!

Your nephew Bob Slay

Unknown said...

Actually, your uncle Monte didn't write this. I'm your second cousin, Wally Blue, your dad's first cousin.