Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Meanwhile, Back on the Road Trip

I got busy on my trip and neglected to post to the blog each day. Now I'm trying organize my thoughts and give a chronological narrative of our activities, so here goes.

We went to the Jelly Belly factory with my Aunt Atha,  her daughter
Nancy, son in law Chris and their daughter Kristin and grandson William.
Here, Aunt Atha, Nancy, and Dorothy walk toward the factory.
 
Here is Aunt Atha's dog Jo Jo
 
 
She lives near the Sutter Buttes, ancient eroded lava domes
left over from volcanic activity.
This is the view from her front yard.
 
We visited the old town section of Sacramento. Nancy, Aunt Atha,
Dorothy, Chris, and William.
 
 
Sonya and Kristin at Fanny Ann's Saloon where we ate lunch.
 
Chris waits patiently for lunch to be served.
 
The highlight of the day for me was a visit to the railroad museum.
William poses before an enormous steam locomotive.
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

What a great trip!! I'm jelly bean addict from wayyyy back!

Steven said...

That railroad museum is one of the finest things that the state has ever done with our taxes. I'm glad you enjoyed it.