Wednesday, November 24, 2004

thanksgiving eve

Boy, am I tired! Not much sleep the last few days. Sunday we had the family over for Tara's 17th birthday. When anyone in the family has a birthday they get to choose the menu for their birthday dinner. Tara chose egg rolls.
At work Monday my postal vehicle broke down twice. They brought a spare to me on the route and towed my vehicle back to the post office. Then at my last stop of the day the spare vehicle broke down and had to be towed. My supervisor picked me up in her car, along with all the outgoing mail and by the time I clocked off it was after five. We had Tara's drama recital to attend so I rushed home and changed. Dorothy had my dinner ready which I ate in the car on the way to the Walton Arts Center in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Back to work yesterday and then ESL class last night in Siloam Springs. I actually got off work early today. I came home, ate, took a shower and was comfortably ensconced in my recliner when Dorothy informed me the water line to the toilet was leaking. Ordinarily that could wait for a day or two, but tomorrow's Thanksgiving and the house will be full of guests and we'll be needing both bathrooms, so out of the recliner and back to Tahlequah to buy the part for the toilet.
The turkey is soaking in a vat of brine and needs to be turned before I go to bed. He's so big part of him is above the liquid. I'm tempted to just let it go and remember the part that is not marinated and not eat from that part. No one will know unless you tell them.

No comments: