Saturday, November 25, 2006

dreaded black friday

I told Dorothy I would accompany her on her shopping frenzy the day after Thanksgiving, but when the alarm went off at 3:00am, I didn't wake up. She woke me to tell me she was leaving. "You should have got me up", I protested, but she just kissed me good-bye and drove off into the cold Oklahoma night. I never saw her again...... until 13 hours later.

The line begins to form outside of Best Buy. Dorothy patiently waits in line at a Target store.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Hubby went to Best Buy, I went to Kohls. I hate shopping but this is the day I get it all done.

Unknown said...

Your husband is a courageous man. He deserves a reward.

Anonymous said...

So, they weren't kidding about people lining up in the middle of the night to get ready to go shopping!

Envoy-ette said...

You know...I have never been able to shop on that day! Living overseas...or being broke because I spent all the money on the Thanksgiving dinner...always hits me. I should start saving now for next year!