Sunday, December 19, 2004

taking a break

I've spent the morning assembling an entertainment center we bought Wednesday. I decided to take a break and write this post. This piece of furniture is going to be much larger than it appeared on the show room floor, and it makes me think we should have bought an assembled one and had it delivered. I'm getting to the age where I only want to do fun stuff. Is that a second childhood? I feel the need to work out a strategy to avoid hard work before I retire. I wonder if I could fake some symptoms of senility whenever there's a tedious job to be done? Dorothy would say I don't need to fake it. I'll come up with something. Well, it's back to the job; I have to get it done before Hunter's birthday party this evening. He's two years old now.

No comments: