Tuesday, December 20, 2005

notes

On the news tonight I watched drivers along I-40, near Oklahoma City, slide one after the other off the highway and down an embankment. Sometimes, you can't tell if the road surface is icy until you lose control of your vehicle. But, the interesting thing about the scene was that the traffic on the freeway never slowed down. They could see their fellow commuters sliding away into the dark, but it never seemed to occur to them that they could suffer a similar fate. We humans are the most intelligent creatures on the planet, so why do we put our brains in the glove box when we get behind the wheel?

My shirts seem to be fitting a little tight lately. I would like to think that they were shrinking, but I'm afraid the truth is that I'm eating too much and exercising too little. I can blame the lack of exercise on my sprained ankle, but we haven't even had Christmas dinner or all the goodies of Christmas eve and I'm already fat(ter). I guess I know what my New Years resolution is going to be. Yes, that's right. I'm not going to eat hot dogs any longer. Why? The one's I'm eating now are long enough.

No comments: