Saturday, August 05, 2006

a trip to the garden

This evening I went out to the garden and picked a few things. Here are some tomatoes that are ripening in the kitchen window and some squash. After going without rain for several weeks, last night a severe thunderstorm popped up out of nowhere and gave the veggies a long drink of water. Everything has perked up and we may have pumpkins and corn after all. This morning, Dorothy made omelettes with cheese, onions, and some of these fresh tomatoes. Wow. I'm dreading the day when we have to start buying tomatoes from the store again.


1 comment:

Dawn said...

That summer squash looks good too. It's funny, the stuff I can find at the grocery store is so small and skinny, I was starting to wonder if I had imagined the plump squash from our old garden.