Wednesday, September 20, 2006

cajun bean soup

Dorothy worked today from 5:30am to 11:00am, so I had lunch ready for her when she got home. I made a Cajun bean soup with Andouille sausage which we ladled over rice. We also had crawfish pies that we bought at Hebert's Specialty Meats in Tulsa. I got the recipe for the soup from the internet and we think it's a keeper. It will be good for those cold winter days just like Dorothy's chili and her green chile potato soup. I had it almost eaten before I thought of the camera or I'd have a photo to show you.
(the crawfish pies were crawfish, cheese, mushrooms, onions, and peppers baked into a puff pastry)

2 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

I love Cuban black bean soup -- I will have to try the Cajun version. Black beans are just so good.

Anonymous said...

Dad, that soup sounds good! You will have to email the recipe.

Rachel