Tuesday, May 13, 2008

hornets!

This morning I was cutting down some small trees at the fence of my back yard when I heard this ungodly, buzzing roar. Instinctively I ran to the side of the house. I looked back to see a cloud of hornets hovering above the tree I had been sawing. That was a close one. I couldn't see a nest and I didn't want to get too close, so I drove my truck around in the pasture on the other side of the fence. With the windows rolled up it was safe to get close. The nest was hard to see in the foliage but I soon found it. Now, how to get rid of them?








3 comments:

ml said...

We have wasps nests hanging down from the eaves of our garage every year. We have to poke at them with a broom-stick, then run. I wish there was an easy way to discourage them from rebuilding.

Steven said...

Whoa! That was a close one...

Our son-in-law works for the power company as a lineman and they use a spray when they find a nest... maybe you know a lineman?

dawn said...

We use a spray too - you can buy them at the hardware store. They reach 25= ft, you just have to soak that nest.