If you like books with lots of statistics and lists then this one is for you. Who Owns the World by Kevin Cahill reveals the ownership of every piece of land on the planet. Some interesting facts gleaned from the back cover:
- Two of the largest landowners in the U.S. are the federal government and Ted Turner.
- 80% of the American population live in urban areas
- The least crowded state is Alaska with 670 acres per person. The most crowded is New Jersey, with.7 acres per person.
- 60% of America's population are property owners.
- Queen Elizabeth II own 1/6 of the entire land surface on Earth.
- Only 15% of the world's population lays claim to landownership, and that landownership in too few hands is t arguable the single greatest cause of poverty.