Monday, June 05, 2006

a beautiful monday morning

I woke up this morning at 7:30 and I was alone in bed. I got up and rambled around the house looking for Dorothy but she was no where to be found. Her car was in the driveway. I was beginning to think she was kidnapped until I looked out the kitchen window and there she was pulling weeds in the garden. I grabbed the camera and took this picture.

When she finished that row she came in and we poured ourselves some coffee and sat under the maple tree. We love to hear the sounds of the birds in the morning. The buzz of the hummingbirds as they compete for access at the feeder. The distant drilling of a woodpecker. This morning a red-headed woodpecker was working away at the trunk of a Redbud tree in our yard. Both Dorothy and I tried to sneak up on him with the camera but he would skitter around to the opposite side of the tree trunk with each of our movements. So I took a picture of Lizzie under the maple instead.

No comments: