Friday, July 21, 2006

retired, again

Yesterday I resigned from the fire department. I turned in my equipment, keys and radio. I hated to give up my fire helmet, though. Now I feel like I have retired a second time. Not that it was a full time job, but it was a full time worry for me. I have a tendency to take things too seriously and and that can lead to more stress than I want to carry. Now I'm free to go off on another tangent. Who knows what activity I'll find myself involved in next. I'm exploring a few options which I will tell about later, but right now I need to take care of my garden, finish some remodeling projects (before Dorothy finds another man to finish them for her), paint a couple of pictures that have been floating around in my head for some time, and just do some meditating (maybe I'll contemplate my navel for awhile).

No comments: