Thursday, July 20, 2006

summer heat

Yesterday it was 106 degrees with a heat index of 113. That's hot. I watered some plants and the water that first came out of the hose, which had been laying in the sun, heated the nozzle to the point that I could hardly hold on to it.
The plants in the garden are drooping.

Today I made chicken enchiladas for lunch. The onions and peppers came from the garden. I made the sauce from scratch. I get a kick out of preparing food from ingredients I grew myself. I wonder if I should raise some chickens and have organic free range enchiladas. I don't like the idea of killing them, but maybe I can get Dorothy to wring their necks.

I went out this morning and picked the chile peppers and was going to cut some okra but the bees were so busy I thought better of it. I don't want to disturb them while they are involved in their important work, nor do I want to get stung.

No comments: