Thursday, September 01, 2005

by the way

I'm getting up each morning at around 5:45. That's an increase of 15 minutes sleep each day. I'm slowly sleeping a little later.

I asked Marley Kate how she was doing in kindergarten. She replied, "Nap time is boring, but I slept through it."

Dorothy and I were planning a road trip in October, but if the price of gas keep increasing we may change our minds.

We received our Walmart circular in the mail yesterday. I was happy that I didn't have to deliver them. Yippee!

I was laying in the hammock yesterday and looked at my watch. It was 4 o'clock. My fellow letter carriers were just punching out (if they were lucky) and going home after a long, hot day. Retirement is great.

Dorothy's throwing a retirement party for me this weekend at the Proctor Community Center. We've invited friends, family, workmates, and former customers. We'll have a good time, eating hamburgers, and telling tales about the rigors of mail delivery over the years.

No comments: