Thursday, September 22, 2005

this is the first day of fall?

The first day of fall and it's a hot one. It's noon and 90 degrees already. Yesterday I worked out in the heat and I think I over did it. I cut down several trees and cut up the trunks for firewood, then piled the branches up to be chipped into mulch today. We started yesterday off with a 2.24 mile walk then I cut the trees. After lunch we went to Siloam Springs, and while Dorothy had her hair done, I stayed at Kelly's house and was mauled by Marley and Hunter. I had told them that if they didn't behave, Grandma would skob their knob. Skob their knob? They required an explanation, so I demonstrated by giving them a Dutch rub on the top of their heads (mildly). Well, they spent the next hour or two skobbing my knob (not so mildly). Then we picked up Tara and her friend Megan and headed for Fayetteville. We stopped on the way at Hobby Lobby and bought a frame for my painting (see below), so it could be hung for display and possible sale at the Hogwild Pizzeria. We had a TaraYaki pizza there, and boy was it good; with teriyaki chicken, green onions, water chestnuts, and almond slivers. If you're ever in the Fayetteville, Ar. area, do yourself a favor and eat there. Next time we're going to try the Shrimp Scampi pizza. Can't wait. We also took Rachel and Samantha some of the tamales that we made the other day. I'm anxious to hear what they thought of them.
So today, after such a tiring yesterday, I'm relaxing.The chipping and shredding can wait for another day. I went out and mulched the pumpkins Marley, Hunter, and I planted. But now I'm ready to hit the recliner, read a little, maybe snooze a little. I might even start a new painting this evening.

1 comment:

Envoy-ette said...

It finally cooled down today. 79! That is cool to an Arizona girl!
Skobbing...that's a funny term!