Monday, September 12, 2005

crisis after crisis

As if it wasn't bad enough to evict a lizard from the house last night, today I had to kill a snake. I was relaxing in the hammock after a morning of hard work, when Dorothy alerted me to the presence of a snake just near the foundation of our house. I don't know why but she's always the one to find these snakes, lizards and all manners of creepy crawlers. I don't know why I never see them. Anyway, Dorothy skedaddled into the safety of the house and I got a brick and dropped in on the snake's head, then cut off his head with a shovel. I went into the house proud of my success in vanquishing this monster (3 ft. long) that was threatening our household. Was I treated like a hero? No hug . No Kiss (or promise of more affection later). You would think I do this kind of thing all the time. Such is the life of a husband.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I wont be back until after the first freeze!!! Kelly

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't kill the poor lizard. They are perfectly harmless, plus they are very cute!

Rachel

wally said...

Kelly, you'll be down before then if Mom makes chicken and dumplings.

Rachel, you must have a different species of lizard over there in Arkansas, because the ones over here in Oklahoma are ugly.

Envoy-ette said...

You are a brave man!

Anonymous said...

Your right Mom just has to offer to make dinner of any kind!! Kelly