Sunday, September 11, 2005

minor crisis

We had a minor crisis at our house today. I was on the computer when I heard Dorothy call, "Wally, is that a lizard?!" I turned around and there on the floor between my recliner and the dining room table was a lizard. Call me a sissy, but I wasn't about to pick it up with my bare hands and it probably would have scurried under a chair or couch and who knows where or when we would have found it. Dorothy got the dust mop and handed it across the table to me and I brought it down pinning that little reptilian bugger to the floor. I was tempted to go ahead and smash it but I didn't want to leave lizard juice on the floor. There's a step down from our dining area to the kitchen so Dorothy placed a square plastic trash can on its side with the opening against the step, then I swept the lizard into the container like a hockey player scoring with a puck. Dorothy and I did our victory dance and high fived there in the kitchen. We're a team!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

We have the exact opposite happen in our family - everyone races to catch it so that we might have a pet gecko.

Anonymous said...

Great story! I'm surprised Kelly comes out, even for free food...