Wednesday, October 20, 2004

are you going to wear that?

The other day I overheard a conversation between my daughter, Kelly and Dorothy. ( I wasn't eavesdropping. I "overheard". Really) Kelly was saying that Burk had put on some clothes and she asked him, "You're not going out wearing that are you?" I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard those words. We went to a funeral the other day and I put on a pair of khakis, a dark blue shirt, and a brown corduroy sports coat. When Dorothy saw it we had this conversation:

Dorothy: You're not going to wear that are you?
Me: Why? What's wrong with it?
Dorothy: It doesn't match. That brown coat doesn't match those Khakis.
Me: Yes it does. I'm an artist and I know my colors.
This brown makes a tasteful transition between the khaki and the blue shirt.
Dorothy: Go put on your black leather coat.

So I put on the black leather coat. I have to admit I looked rather snazzy in it, so I wore it to the funeral. Now we have another funeral to attend and yesterday Dorothy bought me something to wear to it. I think she's trying to assure that she won't be embarrassed to be seen with me. She might even sit next to me.

No comments: